Re: flashback query vs. log miner (OT: Mladen's being too nice, here's my wife's Friday PM recipe)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:01:54 -0400

On 07/24/2004 02:44:45 AM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Okay. Now we have two viable alternative recipes. I thought just freezing
> the bottle of rum would work for Pete and Mogens (see bottom of original
> message. Swig is American for drinking from the bottle.

>From my days of experimenting with cocktails, I remember that something
fruity and sweet is almost always needed to dilute and mellow the strong liquor like rum, vodka, tequila or gin. Pineapple juice and orange juice look like perfect flavoring ingredients, but what is missing is something to add a little "twist", and give an unusual taste. If you are a traditionalist, you can add a few drops of club soda, or even champagne, but I would even try with things like cinnamon. That would give you good drink that a gentleman can enjoy on a beach. Of course, if you want something to get drunk fast, the best recipe I know is a drink nicknamed "polar bear". It should be served cold, very cold, and it consists of 50% vodka, 50% champagne and just a few drops of apricot liquor. Served in pint-sized glasses. It is approximately as devastating as Long Island ice tea. Both drinks are good after long and successful recovery which took the better part of a night.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA