Re: Index help

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:12:51 -0700

OK, we've established that I wasn't awake enough to notice there were 29 executions, but I'm still confused about the "primary key" thing. You say ida3a5 is the primary key. That means you have an index on it. Unless I'm still reading wrong, your query has a "(A0.idA3A5 = :1)" predicate. Seems to me that would indicate 1 index lookup and 1 row lookup. As Daniel points out, most of your executions return no rows, so the other predicates aren't satisfied. But I don't see how you would ever get a full scan instead of a primary key lookup.

--Terry

--Terry

row count for table 5108
primary key on table (ida3a5) has 5108 distinct_keys codec5 has 3 distinct values.
scheduletime has 4781 distinct values.