RE: Instream SQL in an NT Batch script

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:46:26 +1000

I raised this back in March and suggested the following 2 options:

Option 1
For single line commands, you can use something like: echo connect user/pwd_at_sid | sqlplus /nolog However, this isn't really very useful.

Option 2
More useful is something like:
rem --start of batch file
( echo connect user/pwd_at_sid
echo select user from dual;
echo select sysdate from dual;
) | sqlplus /nolog
rem --end batch file

Tanel Poder replied and said you could use Option 3

sqlplus "/ as sysdba" < con
select 1 from dual;
select 2 from dual;
exit

But when I copied that into a batch file and ran it, it sits at the = sqlplus prompt until I hit <ctrl-z> and then the window goes (if I leave = the exit in) or it says "'select' is not recognized as an internal or = external command,
operable program or batch file." if I take the exit out and put a pause = in - so I was missing something. I'd also be keen to work out how to = get Option 3 working.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon
=20