Re: sysdba

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:06:49 +0100

I suspect Pete would be the best person to respond on specifics. In general though I'd want to think about how I was sure that the 'remote' access was from a trusted source; whether I trust the password in the password file to be unknown by any who shouldn't know/guess it etc.

I'd also think about what the purpose of sysdba access is and do I want this done remotely. Of course some folk do want this ability, indeed you may pay someone else to be a dba for you and so have to do this. I'm not saying you shouldn't do this, but it seems to me that the default of NONE for this parameter is just right.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA