RE: imp issue...very confusing!

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:42:54 +0800

If a user has UNLIMITED TABLESPACE or a large-enough QUOTA on the same tablespace as that used in the Source database, the tables will be imported into the same tablespace.

UNLIMITED TABLESPACE, I thought, was a database-level privilege, not tied to individual tablespaces. If you grant UNLIMITED TABLESPACE you grant on ALL Tablespaces. What you should be doing is specifying the new Tablespace as the DEFAULT Tablespace and QUOTA UNLIMITED on that Tablespace
Hemant

At 10:37 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
>I found that when I give a user (touser) unlimited tablespace on his/her
>own tablespace, for some reason the user also gets granted unlimited
>tablespace on all tablespaces. When that happens, the fromuser touser
>option results in all the objects getting put back into the fromuser
>tablespace. When I revoke unlimited tablespace, the import works fine.
>
>Ron Smith

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."