Re: Capturing Schema changes ??

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:46:30 +0000

I have been told that the OEM can compare two schemas accurately but it is slow. I have seen that toad is fast, but can make mistakes with views and packages and believe two identifical views are different. I know you can backward engineer stuff with erwin. Has anyone used it for change control? clearcase, pvcs, etc... and the other standard versioning tools are only useful if you put objects into scrips and cannot version control a database. There appears to be a real lack of tools out there for this. With designer slowly fading away, their doesn't appear to be any repository type tools coming into the market to replace it either. -------------- Original message --------------