Re: OT RE: RMAN Questions

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:18:58 -0700

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 21:21, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> to have many people mourning him. Also, as a DBA, I intensely dislike people posting trivial
> questions to this list, because it diminishes this usefulness for me. I strongly suggest
> reading the manuals before posting a trivial question to this list. I know what the majority
> thinks about it and I don't care. I practically withdrew from the list and I my main forum

Mladen,

I think you are confused on one point. The majority of this list are in agreement with what you have stated. The manuals should first be consulted, then if you are still having trouble, ask the list.

Your previous objection was to the asking of trivial questions for any reason, and that beginners should not be allowed to ask questions on the list.

>From June 28:

"According to my understanding, this was supposed to be a list for people who already have certain threshold knowledge of oracle and not a general mailing list about the introduction to the life, Unix and everything."

If you don't like the trivial questions, ignore them, delete them, whatever makes you happy. Please quite going on about it here.

The majority of this list is happy to let beginners ask 'trivial' questions, and if they need to consult the manuals, they will likely be told to do so, which you are also welcome to do.

Jared