RE: DataGuard

From: Yen, Eric <EYen_at_sonypictures.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:38:42 -0700

I took the DataGuard (DG) class from Oracle Ed. a month ago . As pointed out earlier; if you are in a RAC environment everything has to be hand scripted.
All functionality is there in terms of setting up multiple fail over locations, lag time, etc is supported.

IMHO Oracle messed up by pushing RAC and not having DG ready for RAC.=20 I mean when DG can be set-up in less than 15 minutes with the OEM module for a single instance (Non-RAC environment) and it will take at least a half a day of hardcore scripting to do the same thing . . . . something is wrong with this picture.

Eric Yen