RE: Oracle Apple releases

From: Rognes, Sten <Sten.Rognes_at_schwab.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:46:49 -0700

>> I have Panther 10.3.4.
>> Can you please tell me the changes in order to install Oracle 10g in my
>> iBook G4?

The install documentation that are included with the software is very accurate and will take you through the install steps. As I mentioned earlier you need to update your gcc, you can do this by installing the Xcode tools v1.2 from http://connect.apple.com Alternatively if you have limited bandwidth, you should be able to download just the "gccLongBranch Tools" from the same site and that will do the job too. The documentation states that OSX server is required, but I had no problems with non-server Panther.

Sten