Request for information on automated notification.

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:20:35 -0400

Aside from the utl_smtp package (I copied Jared's example) and the utl_tcp example that Omar Khalid posted here, does anyone have examples of ways that an Oracle database can automatically notify a user? This does not necessarily have to be via e-mail. Examples for pagers, cell-phones, PDAs, or whatever would be welcome.

Am I right in thinking that utl_tcp does not necessarily have to go to a mail server?

Because the Oracle database will be doing the notifying, it's assumed that I will know all the protocols and technologies that could be used.