RE: Latch Free / Shared Pool on Fetch

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:18:17 -0500

An event, one that checks for heap corruption (a bug related to a kcoapl_blkchk error), was the culprit. When digging deeper into the latches, there was a *lot* of activity on "kghdmp: heap descriptor". Not that we knew what it *meant*, but an Oracle Support analyst recognized that as heap check taking place, something that would not normally appear unless certain event(s) are set.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net
214.954.1781