RE: RMAN and NFS

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 17:06:00 -0500

Ron,

Just so you know, I don't think it's a security risk. Our network support manager does. So does our Unix support team. I agree it is somewhat political, but supposedly they were audited, and there are exploits out there where NFS can be used to attack not one but several servers.

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio