RE: shell and output redirection

From: <Ganesh.Raja_at_barclayscapital.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:18:36 +0100

I Realized It sorry ... :)

Cheers,
Ganesh R

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com [mailto:Jared.Still_at_radisys.com] Sent: 02 July 2004 21:16
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: shell and output redirection

> They are Not Run ||'el... The utput of the first program is stored
before
> the second is executed...
>
> If you want to run in parrallel u need to use Named Pipes.

While Mladen has provided the hard evidence, I will present the mind games.

If the above were true, it would make the use of pipes somewhat problematic, no?

eg. If I export my entire 500 gig database trough a pipe to another machine, and I only have 100 gig of free space, where was all the output stored?

Jared

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.