RE: Question re: TRUNCATE ... REUSE STORAGE

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:45:30 -0400

The highwater mark is set to nothing, but all the acquired space is kept. (Wow. KEEP storage sure seems like an unambiguous way to say that, when I read REUSE I always have to think whether the re-use is for the current table {keep it} or everything {release it to the tablespace for everyone to use}. But I digress. Sigh.)

mwf