Re: Re: SQL*Net & loopback connector

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:25:44 -0700

> At the risk of showing my ignorance, exactly how does one
> use IPC between instances on the same system?

It is easily setup via the net config tool.

Or if your java is not working quite right, ( a not too unusual situation, no? ) you can tnsnames.ora by hand.

The IPC connect string needs to appear before the TPC string in tnsnames.ora. Here is an example.

TS02 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(Key = ts02))
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = poirot)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = ts02)

    )
  )

Confirm that IPC is being used by using tnsping. The output displays whether TPC or IPC is being used.

Jared