Re: 10g show stoppers

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:52:02 -0400

Pearce,
Thanks for the documentation. I have a copy and will review it when the year-end, monthly, data work is completed in a few days. Thanks,
Ron

>>> pearceb_at_tenure.com 07/01/2004 4:50:55 PM >>>
Ron:
Yes, there is an ASM instance that manages the disks.

Our company put together a high-level presentation on ASM a couple of months ago for presentation at an Oracle event. It is not a kernel-level nuts and bolts internals presentation (it was for a mixed

audience of technicians and managers), but it does provide an overview

of what ASM is and how it works. There is a basic walk-through on how

to set it up, query information in it once it is setup, etc.

You can snag the PDF off of our website if you're interested:

    http://www.tenure.com/techloads/10g_ASM_Tenure.pdf

I hope this helps answer some of the questions.