RE: RMAN and NFS

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:58:35 -0500

Ruth, thanks for your prompt reply.

Don't know what jfs2 is. I suppose I should have defined my environment a little better.

This is Oracle 9.2.0.4 and Solaris 2.9

My network support personnel's stance is that NFS mounts represent a security risk. They proclaim that setting them up enables someone who breaks into the network to cause damage throughout the network, not just at the point of entry.

Some of our applications do use NFS, because the vendor documentation prescribes it.

I am looking for similar "ammunition" if you will to do the same with Oracle and RMAN.

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio