RE: Database sloowww...trying to figure out why...

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:42:39 -0600

Thanks! ...I know I should be tracing sessions that are important to the business but am hesitant to dive into the situation. I've read the theory part of cary's book...but stopped when I hit the chapter on walking through the trace files and haven't picked it back up. Look's like it's a great opportunity to dig in.

...and thank you to whoever suggested ubtools.

...I had no idea that was available for free.

...I'll be studying cary's book for a while but in the meantime, I'm going
to press for permission to trace user sessions when they start complaining and running them through ubtools to see if I can't make sense of it as I learn.

...I think I remember people saying that it is difficult to identify
particular sessions in an apps environment. ...can anyone confirm that?
...if not...I'm sure I'll find out for myself tomorrow!

chris