Re: Disconnect from SQL*Plus takes more than 30 seconds

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:48:58 -0500

> I have about 12 databases installed on the Oracle8i oracle home. One of the database takes more than 30 seconds to disconnect from SQL*Plus,
> when connected using SQL*Net. Connections using ORACLE_SID work fine, no issues. Tried changing the host name to IP address in the
> listener.ora and tsnames.ora files, but did not help. Any insight would be highly appreciated. Please give me ideas to how to approach this
> issue....

Approach with caution, the database is considered armed and dangerous. Other then that, it's a normal police procedure: you take a look and see what are you waiting for. If you are lucky, that information will already be in V$SESSION and you will not need to join it with V$SESSION_WAIT. If you are waiting for more data from the client, then use truss (you are on Slowaris, aren't you?). Keep rebooting the database server until the users confess.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA