RE: Compressing Rman Disk Backups

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:00:24 -0500

Stephen,

thanks for the reply. But doesn't using pipes require that I know the name of the output "device" that Rman is using? At least the name of the logical device?

I'll try piping the result to something - but I get the feeling that Rman doesn't give us the opportunity to pipe the results anyplace.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional