Re: Timesten Vs. Oracle - Performance

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:49:51 -0500

On 03/26/2004 09:22:10 AM, "Orr, Steve" wrote:
> > I think an analogy I like better is F1 vs B-747.
> > It probably works on a lot of different levels
>
> Yeah, my V-8 SUV is environmentally friendly if you consider mpgpp,
> miles per gallon per passenger.

Can we stop debating cars? This morning I had a minor inconvenience because someone has incinerated I-95, the main route from Boston to Miami. Me and few millions of other people had to use something called "Merit Parkway", which was consequently turned into "Merit Parking Lot". Oh, how I craved a nice and cozy little M1A-Abrams, which would have certainly made my commute this morning much easier and less boring. Those incinerating rounds would be great for trucks in the left lane.