Re: 10g on Win32

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:10:49 -0400

Sorry Jared, an out of post question, as you have more experience, My impression based in Oracle 9i and 7 is, every time there is a new version from Oracle Database, you must wait the second release to work, usually the first release need some tune of new features. Or I'm wrong

  Just wondering what others experiences are installing this version.

  Did you perhaps find that there is no new version of the Oracle Home Selector?

  And that even if you hack the registry so that the old OHS can find the new   Oracle 10g registry entries, it still does not set the PATH correctly?

  There are at least 2 OH path entries now for 10g. The standard OH/bin and   now the OH/jre/bin. OHS does not correctly alter the PATH by moving both   entries to the front of the list.

  I say 'at least two' because during installation it occurred that the PATH on   my laptop would exceed 1023 characters and I chose to ignore the error.

  Perhaps a re-install would fix this.

  sigh... silly me. I thought the days of worrying about PATH size were over.

  Jared