RE: Database for WebSphere5

From: Peter Barnett <regdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:46:07 -0800 (PST)

The real question had to do with whether or not there was a reason to not use the default DB2 database. The argument finally came down in favor of Oracle because of our implemented architecture.

According to IBM, WAS5 will run on any "reasonable database". We are only looking at two objects for meta data and a JDBC thin client connection. Getting those two simple facts out of IBM is not the easiest task in the world. However, they did offer to send out someone to help us implement :-)

Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator
The Regence Group
pnbarne_at_regence.com