Re: ok i know this is NOT the smartest question BUT

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:45:34 +0800

I think not, either.

Who will install and support the ClusterWare ? SunCluster, VeritasCluster and Fujitsu PrimeCluster are options for clustering Solaris servers.
I don't think SunCluster is supported on Fujitsu and PrimeCluster on Sun. As for VeritasCluster, yes, it is available on both Sun and Fujitsu servers. But who [ie which of your vendors] would install and support it ?

Furthermore, the 9iRAC certification is on SunCluster and Veritas on Sun boxes and PrimeCluster and Veritas on Fujitsu boxes but Oracle Support might not be comfortable with a "mix".

My site does have Oracle 8.1.7 {non-OPS} + Sun + SunCluster + HitachiStorage in one environment and Oracle 9.2.0. {non-RAC} + Fujitsu + VeritasCluster + EMCStorage
in another environment.

Hemant

At 04:47 AM Friday, you wrote:
>I'm in middle of discussion with some people about doing RAC on 2
>different hw platforms running the same OS.
>
>ie: sun box and fujitsu box both running solaris 8.
>
>if the OS and oracle version is the same, is that even feasible?
>
>it logically makes sense, but my gut feel is support will say, "ha, i
>think not".
>
>joe

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional http://hkchital.tripod.com {last updated 24-Jan-04} "If you wish to leave your footprints on the sand, do not drag your feet"