RE: Node in a 2 cluster RAC environment keeps failing over

From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:05:30 -0800 (PST)

Wow someone who has heard of this.

Yes, we have our interconnects set to etherfp. LLT link information:

    Link  Tag        State  Type  Pri     SAP    MTU    Addrlen
          Xmit          Recv          Err           LateHB
          Broadcast
    0           eri0  on     etherfp   hipri   0xCAFE 1500   6
          261840450     240300348     0             89
          FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
    1            ce1  on     etherfp   hipri   0xCAFE 1500   6
          261914713     240332338     0             91
          FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

we have 2 interconnects but they are of differnts speeds: set-node VLDBN1
set-cluster 10
link eri0 /dev/eri:0 - ether - -
link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -

I believe ce1 is the 2 gigabit
and eri0 is the 100M

This setting was done by our SA. We do have a ce0 which is another 2 gigabit, but our SA wants to leave this for public connection. Do have a similar setup?

So if I understand we should try setting set-nofastpath 1 in our /etc/llttab so it will use the slower connection to perform a heartbeat check?

Thanks so much for responding.

-Lizz

Lee Jenkins <lee.jenkins_at_remotedba.co.za> wrote: Hi Lizz,

I posted this response on oracle-l, but it doesn't seem to have appeared. On a customer of ours 3 node cluster VCS v3.5 (HP-UX), we had to set "set-nofastpath 1" in /etc/llttab so as to force the heartbeat to operate at 100Mhz. Have you got 2 heart beat interconnects? i.e. redundancy?

You can get stats by running lltstat, which shows data volumes and errors. You can run lltstat -l to check the setting of fastpath. "ether" means fastpath is disabled, "etherfp" means enabled. Regards,
Lee

Lee Jenkins
RemoteDBA
www.remotedba.co.za