RE: LMT SYSTEM Tablespace? - SUMMARY

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:02:10 -0600

Stephen

   I hadn't considered the migration aspect mainly because I always try to avoid the migration aspect whenever possible. My strong preference, backed by people on this list that are a whole lot wiser than me, is to create the database in 9i, then export/import. But I agree that if I migrated, I would stick with DMT, and you may not have a choice anyway (I don't recall a method for converting a system tablespace from DMT to LMT).

   Part of my rationale for going LMT on 9i system tablespace is that since Oracle creates them that way by default, that configuration is probably tested more.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com <mailto:dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com>