Hetero Services on HP-UX

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:36:47 -0500

HP-UX 11.11
Oracle 9.2.0.4 64bit

Been following Note:214834.1 on metalink about setting up HSODB on HP-UX. I want to access a sqlsvr database from oracle. I'm making the stub file to relink the HSODBC executable.
Here is the cpprtO.s file

         .code
; stubs for static constuctors in a.out

         .export __StaticCtorTable_Start,data
         .export __StaticCtorTable_End,data

__StaticCtorTable_Start
__StaticCtorTable_End

          .data
; stubs for static constructors in a.out, compiled with +z/+Z

          .export __ZStaticCtorTable_Start,data
          .export __ZStaticCtorTable_End,data

__ZStaticCtorTable_Start
__ZStaticCtorTable_End

when I try to compile doing
cpprt0_stub.s -o ./cpprt0_stub.o
I get
cpprtO_stub.s: .code: not found.
cpprtO_stub.s[2]: Syntax error at line 3 : `newline or ;' is not expected.

Has anyone done this before and have any tips. I'm probably going to move to a solaris box and try to set it up as it doesn't have the relinking step.

Thanks
Mike
ganstadba_at_hotmail.com