RE: Oracle Performance

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:15:01 +0000

I interpreted the rule the same way.

However I still don't believe it to be true. It probably is true that if Oracle *or* the competing database is *much* slower as it was here there is something a smart person can do to make the slow system faster (unless one or other database is using a feature that the other does not have an equivalent for). However I am entirely convinced that there will be occasions where MSSQL is faster than Oracle on the same os/hardware. In such situations though I wouldn't expect the difference to be significant.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805

This email contains information intended for the addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.