Re: FLASHBACK TABLE RECYCLETEST TO BEFORE DROP;- works in TOAD not in 9i SQL*plus

From: Arup Nanda <orarup_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:29:19 -0500

Jay,

Flashback comamnd needs SQL*Plus 10g; it will not work with 9i. SQL*Plus interprets commands; and checks the first word for accuracy. If the first word is not a valid SQL command, it reports an error. dince 9i SQL*Plus does not know the existence of a command called FLASHBACK, it barks at it.

I am not sure why TOAD works; but I can theorize that it simply takes the entire SQL statement and passes to the Oracle engine, which can interpret the comamnd properly.

Hope this helps.

Arup