Recent Email from Don Burleson

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 06:50:37 -0000

Don,

I have coped this email to the Oracle-L list. You will note, however that I have not included your original Subject Heading, nor the content. Similarly, I did not copy your previous post to the list, only the points that where relevant to the rest of my note to the list.

You complained that your previous email was private (despite being copied to 2 other people), however the purpose of your email was to point out that I had publicly made comments that could be detrimental to DBAZine.

Since the original comments were made in Oracle-L, any retraction should clearly be in the same forum.

You complained that I chose to make my apology where you would only find out about it second hand.

    First: I wasn't apologising to you, I was offering     an apology to DBAZine.

    Second: you certainly appeared to be a subscriber     to the list, so you cannot claim to have got this     note second.

Members of the list:

    This note is copied to the list as a matter of     record because Don's complaints were about     material that appeared on this list; and the apology     that it prompted was presented to this list.

    You may be tempted to respond to this note with     opinions regarding moral behaviour. Please do not     do so (at least, not on my behalf) as I would not want     Don to think that this note is intended to produce     a quick bit of cheap rabble-rousing.

    Thank you

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof   Dynamic Sampling - an investigation
March 2004 Charlotte OUG (www.cltoug.org) CBO Tutorial April 2004 Iceland
June 2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar