Re: A wierd RMAN problem. Even wierder than Mladen

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:07:28 -0500

On 03/06/2004 03:51:19 PM, "Weaver, Walt" wrote:
> I killed the RMAN job and everything returned to normal.
>
> So, why would I see so many LOCAL=NO processes but nothing in v$session? >Could it be a listener thing? What could RMAN possibly be doing?

One possibility is that the backup script contains "CROSSCHECK BACKUP", which can be extremely resource-intensive. Another possibility is that Veritas tries to resync catalog to be sure that the database structure in the catalog is up to date. AFAIK, NetBackup keeps detailed logs. Can you check just what commands were executed? I'm not even going to ask why am I "weird"?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA