RE: Oracle 911 Article

From: Thater, William <William.Thater_at_carrier.utc.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:12:45 -0500

Richard Foote scribbled on the wall in glitter crayon:

> Oracle 911 ArticleI'm not sure if it was a technical article or an
> attempt at a resume !!
>
> It certainly has it's amusing moments. Can you imagine the scene. A
> patient lies critically ill on the surgery table when the doctor
> suddenly utters "Shit, some bastard has just gone and deleted all the
> statistics from our "Where To Find Bodily Parts (WTFBP)" database,
> we're doomed". "Oh No" exclaims the nurse, "quick, someone fetch Don"
> !!

i'm not going to comment on the rest of the article, but having designed, installed, configured and optimized a medical image system for the surgery department of a major hospital, that ain't gonna happen on my system. i made sure of that. beside any surgeon worth his salt will already have gone over the images enough so he can find things in the dark just by feel. [BTW these folks were some of the most reluctant users i ever had. they all claimed it was "too difficult". my standard answer was "anybody who can cut someone open, muck around with their insides, sew them up and then have them walk away can learn to use a computer."]

--
Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song