Huge number of DBA_DDL_LOCKS

From: Jay <jaysingh1_at_optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:20:39 -0500

Dear All,

Why these many DDL locks? Is something wrong in this environment? Or it is normal to have 20k+ locks?

If it is not okay where should I start investigating this issue?

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning and Parallel Server options JServer Release 8.1.7.3.0 - Production

SQL> select count(*) from dba_ddl_locks;

  COUNT(*)

     21318

SQL> select count(*) from dba_dml_locks;

  COUNT(*)

         3

SQL>