RE: SQLPlus repl tools LIST - request for your input

From: Grabowy, Chris <chris.grabowy_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 13:32:16 -0500

Based on the testimony on that webpage, it would appear to be competition...

"Many developers at our company use this product and are actually starting a coup to stop paying for SQL Navigator and start using TOra exclusively!"

"TOra is what will replace every installed copy of SQL Navigator."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jamadagni, Rajendra Sent: 03 March 2004 12:39
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Looking at what they did with EZSql ... pretty soon, TORA will be ... no more ??

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements; QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: 03 March 2004 12:30
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On 03/03/2004 06:55:52 AM, "Jamadagni, Rajendra" wrote:
> Beware .... TORA was recently bought by Quest.

Yes, and Quest didn't say whether they actually intend to do anything with the tool or just want to kill a competitor to Toad. For the DBA purposes, there is a tool called DBA Companion which can partially replace tora.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

---