Oracle 10g Installation

From: Database Admin <dba_at_magma.co.in>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:07:30 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
I am trying to load Oracle 10g in a RH9 Box having 256Mb RAM and 1 Gb Swap I modified the redhat-release file to fool the OUI.The prerequisites check suceeded it was smooth till linking 71% then suddenly the process hanged no disk activity no CD activity just dead.I retried it but same result.while this happened it was linking "dm-on".The InstallAction<time>.log shows
"chmod 6751 /oracle10g/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db-1/bin/oracle".Can any one shed some light on this .I will really appreciate it. Deep