[oracle-l] Re: Cloak and fedora... Oracle licensing...

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:38:29 -0500

On 01/27/2004 05:13:43 PM, "Bellow, Bambi" wrote:
> Hi Guys!
>
> It's that time of year again... license renewals... and we need to
> find out
> who has what on their PCs. Has anyone found a way to figure out who
> in the
> corporation has an unregistered copy of Oracle, or how to spot
> someone
> installing Oracle on their PC? I'm thinking cloak-and-dagger
> stuff...
> somehow I can visualize Mladen in a fedora...

I used to solve that problem using tnsping. If a machine that wasn't supposed to have oracle installed, responded to tnsping, then the culprit would have to eat food prepared by yours truly. I know that it's inhuman, but it was very efficient. And I do like fedoras, especially the model worn by Freddy Kruger.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA