RE: Nextval in trigger

From: John Flack <JohnF_at_smdi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:09:33 -0800

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are trying to do. Oracle thinks that you are trying to get the next value for a sequence named SYSTEM_CHANGE_ID, but there is no sequence by that name. If that is what you are trying to do, then either the sequence doesn't exist and you need to create it, or it is owned by another schema and you need to prefix it by the owner name or create a synonym, or you need SELECT privilege on the sequence.

On the other hand, by the name you are giving, maybe you don't really want the next value of a sequence, you want something else. Are you trying to get some system ID?

Author: John Flack
  INET: JohnF_at_smdi.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 08:09:33 CST