Re: Oracle 8.1.7 can only use the first 15th indexes?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:24:26 -0800

Amen to that. I had a table with about 40 indexes on v7.0.16. I don't think that it was possible that any of them could have been "ignored", because all of them were used. I can't verify that, because this system was born and died (subsequently cremated) over 10 years ago and I never thought to check while it was breathing, but like I said, all 40 or so indexes were absolutely necessary...

Redesign? Well, according to the "architect", this was the perfect design. Over 150 logical entities were encapsulated within this single table, which also happened to be the only table in the entire application (at least in the beginning).

Appropriately enough, its name was "DATA"...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com