RE: RE: Has anyone done any scalability work on dbms_lock?

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:39:42 -0800

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I make use of it to synchronize data upload programs for our testers. Can't have two instances of the upload program processing the same tester, they'd duplicate data. Anyhow, we normally run 4 instances of this program & the dbms_lock package works absolutely fantastically.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

Author: Nuno Pinto do Souto