Re: Automatic or Uniform allocation

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:49:26 -0800

Brad,
 For LMT's I prefer uniform sizing that I can define to meet the needs of the data. If you use automatic the extend sizes will change drimatically as the number if extends increase. With a little planning you can have little waste in the tablespace and use the tablespace for multiple tables of the same size requirements. We have used the partitioning and LMT's for the yearly data we have, about 5 gig per table per year and the extend count is only around 100 with minimal free space. It makes it easier in the planning stage if you can keep it simple.
Ron

>>> Brad.Odland_at_qtiworld.com 01/22/2004 10:14:34 AM >>>
for LMTs...

Advantages in uniform versus automatic?

Uniform 5 MB? 10 MB.....100MB etc....

thoughts would be appreciatd....