RE: Oracle 817 client on Windows 2003?

From: Ron Thomas <rthomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:29:25 -0800

>From metlink, it looks like the 8.1.7 client is not certified for Windows 2003 server. You should
probably install the 9.2 client on the workstations. It should ahve no problems connecting to the 8.1.7 database on unix.

Ron Thomas
Hypercom, Inc
rthomas_at_hypercom.com
"The box said I needed to have windows 98 or better...So I installed linux."

                      shreepadx.m.vaidy
                      a_at_intel.com              To:       ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      ml-errors_at_fatcity        Subject:  RE: Oracle 817 client on Windows 2003?
                      .com

                      01/21/2004 09:59
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Hi Michael,

  1. You need to ensure that the listener is configured properly.
  2. Your tnsnames.ora or namesserver is configured properly.
  3. There are no problems in installation of Oracle client,server and database .

   If the above conditions are satisfied , you should have no problems in connecting from client to server (database) .

                         I am not sure whether it is certified .
             Thanks and regards

Shreepad

Author: Michael Milligan