ORA-28575: RPC connection with external procedure cannot opened

From: <Luc.Demanche_at_astrazeneca.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:49:25 -0800

Hi DBAs,

Here is my situation, I'm running Oracle8174 on Solaris. We are using an external procedure called in my pl/sql. I'll give you my example:

I will use the Oracle example "DEBUG_EXTPROC" I'm on the Unix server and I connect with SQLPLUS, without the listener

SQL> connect c$mdlimol2
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> execute debug_extproc.startup_extproc_agent;

SQL> Everything goes fine....

But when I connect with the listener
SQL> connect c$mdlimol2_at_oratest1
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> execute debug_extproc.startup_extproc_agent;  ....

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent ...

So the problem could be the listener ... But if a try TNSPING extproc_connection_data, I got OK

Here is the copy of my listener file
SID_LIST_EXTPROCLISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = /disk1/app/oracle/product/8.1.7)
(PROGRAM = /disk1/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/bin/extproc)
    )
  )

EXTPROCLISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
      )

    )
  )

And tnsnames
EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.CAMRD.ASTRAZENECA.NET=   (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)