RE: RAC

From: Hengen, Brian <Brian_Hengen_at_bmc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:19:35 -0800

If you are using Linux, you can use NBD's (network block devices) that will allow you to use a third PC as a storage device. You can download the drivers at http://nbd.sourceforge.net/

There's a pretty good paper out there as well, at http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kripac/orac-nbd/ that will walk you through the installation and configuration of the NBDs.

The performance isn't great, but it works. If you need more information, let me know -- I did a paper on this at IOUG last year and would be happy to send it to you.

Regards,
Brian

Author: <k.sriramkumar_at_iflexsolutions.com   INET: k.sriramkumar_at_iflexsolutions.com

Author: Hengen, Brian
  INET: Brian_Hengen_at_bmc.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:19:35 CST