Re: RAC

From: Marcin Przepiórowski <marcin.przepiorowski_at_oracledba.pl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:44:34 -0800

k.sriramkumar_at_iflexsolutions.com wrote:

> Firstly, apology if this question sounds silly.
>
> I am intrested in setting up a RAC configuration at my home with
> a few desktop PC's. I would run either Win2K or Redhat Linux for the
> same. I am not sure whether I would be able to setup the RAC using a few
> desktop PC's. I look fwd to your advise in setting up the same.
>
> I believe an external storage is required for setting up RAC.
> Can I configure a 3rd pc's hard disk as a external storage for RAC??.

Hello,
Yes, you can install RAC on PC.
You must have external storage. The cheaper way for PC is 2 x SCSI (ex. Adaptec 29160) plus SCSI HDD. You must connect two PC's and HDD together, using one cable.

look at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/linux-ha/High-Availability-HOWTO-7.html#ss7.1

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiórowski
www.oracledba.pl
Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marcin_Przepi=F3rowski?=
  INET: marcin.przepiorowski_at_oracledba.pl