Re: RAC setup on linux

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:19:26 -0800

Have you checked that it doesn't go to the router when you set localhost to the address of your eth0 adapter and that it does when you set it to 127.0.0.1? I would be very surprised if the default route was used to resolve route from lo0->eth0. When you do "netstat -r", your LAN network address should be listed without a gateway. Gateway should be present only in the entry with your default route. If that's not so, then yes, you do have a problem with the network setup.

On 01/12/2004 09:49:26 AM, "Jesse, Rich" wrote:
> I've set it before to prevent IP trips to the router for programs that use
> IP to talk to itself (like some backup programs that work over a network).
> But like I said, it's probably my lack of understanding of how "proper"
> networking is to be setup... :)
>
> Rich
>
> Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
> rjesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Author: Mladen Gogala
  INET: mladen_at_wangtrading.com