RE: Export / Import Question

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:04:31 -0800

Ron - You may want to ask yourself what you're getting into. My preference is that the developers be creating scripts to make their procedure, function, trigger changes, along with detailed instructions for installing them. I make my counteroffer that I will recover a copy of the production database from backup from them. Then they can run their scripts just like they or I am going to in production. On the other hand, if you have a lot of time on your hands, the challenge of just refreshing the data, disabling/reenabling constraints may amuse you for an afternoon. Just kidding, sort of.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 11:04:31 CST