Re: RE: table reorganizations

From: Nuno Pinto do Souto <nsouto_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:54:25 -0800

> Guys, in this case can we chill (in a friendly way)
> about the naive questions. At least her company has a
> job posting for Senior Oracle DBA. E.g.:

Chill? Don't recall toasting...
Yeah, looks like the con-sultant might have caused enough trouble.

> Maybe they really do need help? Sorry, their web site
> is really slow, too. ;-)

I'd settle for finding out what versions of the software and what sort of environment (3rd-party, OLTP, Peopleslop or SLAP) they run. Then any comments on how to address the problem (if there is one) may become relevant. ASSM is not - yet - available in 7 or 8, for example... Although I'm sure there is probably some obscure event at level 99 known only to the original coder and Anjo (recursive?) to achieve similar results. If the moon is rising and the wind is blowing on the right side.

There, enough chill? :D

Cheers
Nuno Souto

Author: Nuno Pinto do Souto