Re: another OCP question -- help me guys

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 05:09:24 -0800

Hello Prem,

The syntax the question gives for DROP TABLESPACE doesn't look right to me. Without looking at the current docs<grin>, I believe INCLUDING CONTENTS is a valid option, and that the others are invalid. Thus, answer B, the statement will fail, looks correct. Whoever wrote that test question does not appear to have tested their test.

As for question 2, until you asked, I too would have looked in DBA_EXTENTS. But as I look at one table in my database, I see that DBA_SEGMENTS.BLOCKS reports the same value as DBA_EXTENTS.BLOCKS. It may be that DBA_SEGMENTS reports on SUM(BLOCKS) for all extents in each segment. Interesting. I'll have to read the docs on this, to find out for certain what's going on.

One thing to be aware of with respect to question 2 below is that in a partitioned table, each partition is a segment. Thus, whether you go to DBA_EXTENTS or DBA_SEGMENTS, you do need to be sure to consider all partitions of the table in question.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@gennick.com

Author: Jonathan Gennick
  INET: jonathan_at_gennick.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 07 2004 - 07:09:24 CST