RE: Hotsos' Classes

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:04:25 -0800

Venu,

I can't give a nonpartisan answer, but I can provide some information. I hope this helps:

Performance Diagnosis 101 (formerly the "Hotsos Clinic") - This is a 3-day course dedicated to teaching a method for diagnosing performance problems on production (and integration-testing) systems. It's an instructor-led course with about 70% lecture and 30% exercises and discussion. More information, including FAQs, at www.hotsos.com/education/PD101.php.

SQL Optimization 101 - This is a 5-day course, presently in beta development, dedicated to teaching developers and DBAs how to optimize inefficient SQL statements in both stock and custom applications. More information at www.hotsos.com/education/OP101.php.

Hotsos Symposium 2004 - This is a 3-day conference that showcases lots of speakers from all over the world. Presentations range from basic to advanced, but everything at the event focuses on issues of Oracle system performance. More information at www.hotsos.com/appearances/sym2004.php. See www.hotsos.com/appearances/sym2004-papers.php for the draft of the presentation abstract list.

Steve Adams seminar - We've invited Steve to present a one-day follow-up seminar after our Symposium. His subject matter will be very focused and very deep. I saw 3 days of his material last year in Denmark, and it was phenomenal. Steve comes rarely to the USA, so we're fortunate to have convinced him to present in conjunction with our event in Dallas. More information at www.hotsos.com/appearances/adams2004.03.php.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 1/27 Atlanta

Author: Potluri, Venu (CT Appl Suppt)
  INET: venu_potluri_at_ml.com

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com