Re: Inactive Sessions/Java

From: <cornichepark_at_cwazy.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:19:25 -0800

Yep. Forgot to mention that. But there is a catch. Sometimes the Connection pooling logic doesn't make call to the same SID,Serial# combination. Hence you might find quite a no.of SNIPEd sessions remaining in v$session. Just keep an eye on it along with avbl shared_pool at runtime. When you reach the threshold you may be forced to bounce the tomcat server. This is in 9.2.0.1; AFAIK, 8i (8.1.6.3 doesn't release SNIPEd sessions).

HTH
GovindanK